Recipe from leaves & flours
Makes one 6″ cake, approximately 3 inches deep.
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup canned coconut milk
2 tsp white vinegar
1/4 cup oil
1 tbl vanilla extract
1 Ener-G egg [or ordinary egg, if you aren’t vegan]
- Make Ener-G egg.
- While resting, curdle coconut milk and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add sugar, oil, and vanilla to bowl. Add egg. [I mixed these in a separate bowl first.]
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. [I sifted these into a separate bowl first.]
- Mix until just combined. [Add sprinkles now, if you want them! Approx. 1/4C … ish.]
- Pour into a lightly oiled and floured 6″ cake pan. If your pan is not 3 inches deep, then split the batter and bake in two pans. Bake at 350 [180°C] for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. If you are baking the cake in two pans, you should reduced the baking time by ten minutes and check every few minutes until done.
- Top with a thin layer of vanilla buttercream and layer on fresh fruit.