143 Campbell Road, One Tree Hill, Auckland, NZ
1/2 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
4-5 red capsicums, halved and seeded
1 onion, peeled and diced
250g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (*fresh works well too)
150g Danish feta cheese
1/4C each: sour cream, finely grated parmesan cheese
1/2C grated cheddar cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
salt and pepper
4 large wraps
1/2C onion marmalade or similar
140g tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place pumpkin and capsicum in roasting dish; sprinkle with olive oil; roast until cooked (about 15–20 minutes). When cool enough to handle, slice pumpkin and peel capsicums.
- Meanwhile, in a frypan, gently cook the onion in a tablespoon of oil until soft. Add spinach and cook until liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the cheeses and sour cream in a bowl; add egg and pepper.
To assemble the stack
- Line a 20cm round springform cake pan with baking paper. Layers as follow (IN ORDER, TOP TO BOTTOM):
feta mixture (warm it first and pour it over the top)
capsicum, dotted with onion marmalade
–wrap– (press each wrap down firmly)
[base of pan]
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown
- Chill before cutting, so it will be easier to handle
- Cut into wedges and reheat in the microwave