Recipe from THE REVIVE CAFE COOKBOOK
2 large potatoes
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2t (rice bran) oil
2C fine rolled oats
1t dry mixed herbs
1/2C grated carrot
1/2C soy sauce/tamari
1/2C (chickpea) flour
1/2C (soy/rice) milk
4C Italian tomato sauce (1 jar)
1 packet spaghetti, cooked as per instructions
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F.
- Boil potatoes until soft, drain and mash.
- Mix potatoes and all other ingredients (except tomato sauce and spaghetti) together.
- Form into balls, rough 1/8C each (although you can adjust to your preference).
- Put balls on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked right through.
- Cover meatballs with tomato sauce.
- Serve on spaghetti with a sprinkling of fresh green herbs.
These freeze well.