1/4C onion, grated
1/4t dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 can crushed tomatoes
1T olive oil
2T fresh basil, chopped
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup grated onion. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add oregano and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook with stirring 3 minutes until onions begin to brown.
- Add crushed garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes and sugar. Turn heat to high and cook with stirring until simmering.
- Turn heat to medium low. Simmer 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in olive oil and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over pasta.
I like to add a few fresh tomatoes and chopped parsley. 🙂